Whether you want your domestic worker to learn the basics of boiling water or to satisfy their personal desire to whip up a mouth-watering dessert, the Domestic Day
Whether you want your domestic worker to learn the basics of boiling water or to satisfy their personal desire to whip up a mouth-watering dessert, the Domestic Day to Day Cooking Course will achieve just that. The main purpose of this course is to explain, teach and guide your domestic how to prepare a complete meal within a four-hour training session, including several variations.
The basic theory of this course
- Discussion on the use and maintaining of basic kitchen equipment, knife skills, measuring and mixing methods.
- Kitchen and food hygiene
- Portioning of chicken
- Basic baking, frying, and grilling
- Sauces and soups
- Menu planning and shopping lists
Each class will start with a discussion of the recipes that will be prepared, methods that will be used as well as the ingredients. Chef Joey will demonstrate while explaining to participants how to interpret and execute a recipe with success. Attendees will participate in preparing recipes for themself. Variations on recipes will be discussed, explained and demonstrated. No prior experience is necessary to join any of Antoinette’s cooking classes – just the ability to read and write and a love of great food!
The course fee for Course 1 is R3000, the course fee for Course 2 is R3000, these courses will be presented according to Antoinette’s schedule on a Tuesday morning from 09h00-13h00, classes will be presented on a minimum attendance of 6 persons. Included in the course fee are:
- The guidance and assistance of Chef Joey
- Each class will be accompanied by a recipe booklet and notes to take home.
- The ingredients of dishes that will be prepared for each class.
- Coffee and tea will be served during the class.
- The use of Antoinette’s Cookery School apron during the class.
- At the completion of this course, a Certificate of Attendance will be issued.
(Wednesday) 9:00 am - 1:00 pm